I am from tears and heartache overtaken by only more pain.
I am from misunderstanding and voices hitting cement walls
I am from the unknown and the impossible.
I am from unhearing ears running tongues.
I am from overwhelming sounds blocking what I am.
I am from cold and gray enveloping your bones.
I am from a damp garden, an Eden of green fruit.
I am from nights spent with needles pricking glass.
I am from a fight between metal and sweat.
I am from illusions and glimpses of golden dreams.
I am from disappointment that never ends.
I am from oceans that make it impossible to see.
I am from knives and blood engulfing bits and pieces.
I am from walls and barriers being built so living is ok.
I am from dreams that turned to nightmares.
I am from cotton that swims at night.
I am from skin and bones revealed in sorrow.
I am from terror that only increases when awake.
I am from a strong tower that cannot break.
I am from fading flowers and heartbreak.
This is where I am from.
This is who I am.
This is what has shaped me.
This will not rule my life.
This is part of me.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment