Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bones Begin to Sing Your Song

My heart was empty inside. My soul was heavy.
Depressed, my dreams shattered. I was so out of control.
I couldn't keep anything the way I wanted it to be.
Everything that I thought I could depend on fell apart.
The things I trusted most, failed me, crumbled before my eyes.
What does one do when you find everything you know is a lie?
What does one do when everything you want to be suddenly becomes impossible?

Slowly crumble.
Slowly die.
Slowly wither.
Slowly cry.

Trusting again, it takes every inch of your being.
Building dreams, hopes and learning to smile in honesty.
Laughter sails through the channels of your heart.
Just when you truly believe that life is possible again.

Tears.
A million little pieces.
Castle walls with moats.
A facade of smiles.

You are empty inside.
You want to feel so hungry for life.
That you block out true emptyness.
Control.
Your mind finally grasps a strong tower.
You are able to hold on, you don't let go.

You slowly melt away.
It grows stronger every day.
Shaking, feeble.
You are an unshakable force.
Slowly parts of you waste away.
Haunting memories aid its course.

Bones begin to sing your song.
Weeping, constant pangs remind you of control.
The flowing of life is no longer found.
Eve's pride no longer glistens.
Dark circles only show the pain suffered.

Pain suffered so long in secret.
Now is displayed through cheeks taunt.
It is an unstoppable force.
Slowly eating away the pain inside.

No comments: