Monday, April 26, 2010
Mountains of shoes...and soap.
It has just been another one of those days. Started out weird, turned out amazing, then ended stressed. This morning I woke up with a nightmare still fresh in my mind, not my favorite way to wake up, especially on a Monday, but what can I do. Rainy...couldn't wear my dress to school so had to scramble for a new outfit. Ended up rockin a pretty sweet outfit and had a good hair day. Finished touching up my 11 page essay and headed out to school. School was pretty tight today. No tests and fun classmates. Was having a great school day until English. We watched a documentary film on a concentration camp during WWII called Night and Fog. It was in French with subtitles and was full of disturbing pictures and film. Was an intense class period. Kinda put a serious vibe on the rest of the day. Walking out from class, everyone was quiet. After about 5 minutes of silence, the guy I was walking with finally broke the silence and we talked about the film and how we both knew it would effect the rest of our day. It did. Going to math I started to realize how tomorrow I have two tests, in two of my most difficult subjects, Spanish and math. After math, I was kinda tired, just blah. Then had a bit of sunshine and happiness. My friend had brought his longboard to school and I tried longboarding for the first time ever. So fun. After boarding around the parking lot for a while my stress was relieved, for the time being. Went home and began to study for my two tests. Of course of all five days I have school both tests would land on the same day. Crashed around 8:30 and slept for half an hour and didn't even realize it. Lol. Studied some more, but having trouble concentrating since I keep thinking of the film I watched in English. It always deeply troubles my soul when I read, watch, or study the Holocaust. Reminds me of when I went to the Holocaust museum in Washington D.C.. It was the most sobering thing I have ever done, yet it was my favorite part of D.C. I cried so much, and I still think about that often. Now, here I am again unable to focus. All I can think about is mountains of shoes...and soap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment