Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We Are Going To State!

On Saturday, my cross-country team had our district meet. It was the meet we had been training for all season. We got to wake up quite early in order to make the drive to Tacoma for our morning race. Nerves were very high, we REALLY wanted to make it to state, but we were going to have to work hard, ie... run hard. It was intense, and a killer race. It was very slow and the ground was kind of squishy through the whole course do to rain. I was TOTALLY spent after my race. I couldn't even walk out of the finish shoot, someone had to help me. As soon as I was out, I collapsed to the ground. I had no idea how fast I ran. You can't tell, because the race felt slow, but you know it wasn't because you're at districts. I remember vaguely hearing my coach tell me that I got my PR and that our first three girls made it to state individually. YES!!! That is awesome... but what about the team? The top 30 girls make it individually, and the top 6 teams go. We all got warm-ups on and headed nervously over to the awards ceremony. As they start counting down the places, we all waited, not able to breath. They started at 13th and worked down. As it got closer to the top six, we still hadn't heard our team. Finally they said team 7... its not us! That means we've made it. We're not 6th either, we got 5th. YEAH!! We hoop and holler and run up to the podium. This is awesome! Seven of us girl ran our guts out for this... and it was so worth it! So tomorrow, we leave for state. It is in Pasco. It is going to be a crazy-awesome weekend, and I can't wait. God has blessed me so much!


Please pray for me this weekend. As it is going to be long and hard... probably physically and emotionally. Pray that our travels go well, we get good sleep, everyone on the team is smart, no gets injured and races their best, that I can be a light for Jesus, and that the whole trip will be a blessing to all the people who have worked so hard these last few months.

No comments: