Thursday, October 16, 2008

The First Run I Actually "Enjoyed"

I just got back from my best cross-country meet ever! It was at Ceder Crest golf course, which is like an hour and a half away. It was a really fun bus ride. Usually, I get really nervous before a race, and don't really run that well. Today, my main goal was to totally forget about the race and have a ton of fun... until just before my race. Today we raced in a different style. Normally we race just boys and girls separate, or maybe JV/Varsity. But today we ran by grade, so I ran with the Seniors, last. I had a long time to wait, which made it hard to not get nervous, but I did fine. It was a beautiful race, and for some reason, I felt amazing! The norm for me in a race is to feel TOTALLY dead, but today I felt great. The whole race I was like, "Wow, this is so fun. I feel so fit and healthy. Look how beautiful God's creation is. Look at all these people. Wow, I love my uniform!" (that one was a joke!) I had a lot of energy, and on the last stretch, there was a girl about 150 meters in front of me. One of my team-mates was like "pass her" so I just literally tore my heart out, and flew by her. It took every single ounce of what I had in me, but I did it! After our cool-down, I completely collapsed and just laid on the grass, and my legs hurt BAD! I was definitely on a major "runners high" for a few hours. That is always fun. We went out to pizza after, and had a ton of fun on the ride. It was full of lots of guitar and singing, games, lots of talking, and tons of silliness. It was a very fun day, and it made all of the really hard training, totally worth it!

By the way, I also ran my best 5k time too!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Jordan...You are the bomb! I am so happy for you and to see you enjoying something so much that you had never done before. You just marched up to that Cross Country team two weeks late and said, "I'm running." Good for you. You are growing and stretching in so many ways in putting yourself out of your comfort zone and meeting new people and enjoying new things. You are so brave, and fearless, and full of sunshine and happiness for everyone around you. Congratulions on your PR.
YM

Randi said...

I told you it would be a good race when u said that ur legs felt weak. Good job!!
ur lil sis

Stormgirl said...

Yeah friend!!! That is so awesome!!!! It sounds painfully fun. :D