Thursday, September 25, 2008

True Encouragers

Yesterday I ran my third race for cross-country. My times have improved each race, which is great. I really have to focus and make each race my personal best race. I am loving cross-country, it is so fun. I love our trainings, and the VERY hard challenges. Some days you feel great, other days you don't know how you are even going to get through the first ten minutes. I am not a huge fan of the races, but after the race you feel awesome. It is a great sense of accomplishment, and we get to go cool down and then have a blast cheering on the Meridian boys who race after us. I have been very surprised by this group of people. This is my first time doing a high school sport, but have been involved with a lot of people through dance, drama and other things. I was expecting a lot of "high school drama." The people there are great! They are probably the most encouraging, fun, friendly, and down-to-earth group that I've worked with. Our team has a great bond, and we really lift each other up, and I know, that the only reason that I've been able to get through some work-outs is because of some great teammates. Our team prays together before each meet. I've met a few great Christian girls, and some really sweet girls that I am hoping I will be able to tell about my amazing Savior. Since the team is mixed, I think it causes a lot more balance to the team. And really, we are a bunch of teens just out there running... working our tails off, everyone there is pretty focused. I am so thankful for this team, and for how wonderful this experience has been for me. It has made me so much stronger mentally and physically, and all this with a fantastic group of people. God has really blessed me!

No comments: