Monday, September 8, 2008

YYEEAAHH!!

So...
I can't believe what I am doing.

On Friday, I signed up for cross-country at my local high school. I was called up Thursday night by the cross-country coach, and was recruited. (i.e. my sister was an AMAZING runner for the middle school team... like, she won every meet! Therefore, I believe they think running seems to run in the family.) I made sure to notify the coach that I was not near as fast as my sister, but did enjoy running on a daily basis. So, yes, I run daily. I have been for about a year now. I started and could barely run a mile without passing out. I am now running 6-8 miles at a pretty steady pace. I had come a VERY long way condition wise, and was in the best shape I'd ever been. Occasionally I would run with my younger sister to push myself, and remind myself that I had further to go. I always laugh at the end of a jog with her, because she has barely broke a sweat, and I am huffing and puffing, and shaking. Isn't it amazing how God blesses everyone with different and very natural talents? She could out-run me for miles and leave me in the dust with her long leg muscles, and I could out-turn her in pointe shoes and out-jump her in dance with my leg and foot strength. I just think that is the greatest!!
Anyway, back to the point here.
On Friday I went to my first turnout at the school. I joined two weeks late, thus, I was two weeks behind everyone else. We went out for a nice 2 mile warm-up jog, then I was sent out with the first group of girls. We ran for 1 hour in the lovely heat. I believe that it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. We ran on the road, up hills and down... at the fastest pace I've ever run. The last 10 minutes, I seriously thought I was just going to drop down, but once I was back at the school, I felt the best I've ever felt. My shirt was drenched, and sweat was running down my face. I felt awesome. That is one reason I like to run. You feel AMAZING after you're done. Saturday, I did a nice 30 minute jog.
Today, we had a very hard workout. Two mile warm-up. 400 meter sprint. Three 1,000 meters at 4 minutes each - with 2 min. jogs in between. Two mile cool-down. Once again it felt amazing. Part of me wonders why I am doing this. Especially when my lungs are burning and my legs are shutting down. But when I am done, it is a great sense of accomplishment. I am really excited for what this road will bring me, and for all the fun I will have. Ever since I began running a year ago, whenever I see someone running, I always feel like sticking my head out of the car and yelling, "YYEEAAHH!!!". I don't, but I always think it. I am also constantly reminded how blessed I am to have the healthy and fit body that God has given me to be able to run around and play. My family laughs at me when I come home from training now. I stuff all the healthy food and fruit into my face that I can, and drink about a gallon of water. I am SO ravished when I am done with these trainings. More than I ever have been. It's been a funny, a little sore, hard, and a great past few days!

5 comments:

Randi said...

great post...... the part about me out running you for miles is probably not true now maybe for the first 3 miles but no more!! Keep up the great work!

Randi Raymond

Georgiegirl said...

Yeah right! U so modest.
I'm hoping by the end of training I can make you break a sweat next time we run together. UR so cool!

Randi said...

It is fun to watch you do this. You never cease to amaze me Georgie Girl! L

Randi said...

It makes me smile to see you do this my little brown-eyed girl. You can do whatever you set your mind to and what the Lord places in your hands. He is our loving Father and you are His precious child and He cares for you as you begin these new adventures in your life. YM

Randi said...

Jordan u need 2 update ur blog:)

Randi